You pick them up at the SPQ™ STORE inside the Hilton-Jackson beginning Thursday at 10 AM.
[TO CLEAR UP SOME CONFUSION: IF YOU HAVE A WEEKEND PASS, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A TICKET TO THE BALL FRIDAY NIGHT--ADMISSION IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR WEEKEND PASS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WEEKEND PASS AND WANT TO ATTEND ONLY THE BALL, YOU CAN BUY A TICKET AT THE DOOR. THE BALL FRIDAY NIGHT IS THE ONLY SPQ™ EVENT OPEN TO NON-PASS HOLDERS.]
- PLEASE READ THE PARADE PAGE AND ALL OF THE “RECENT NEWS” ENTRIES ON THE NEWS PAGE FOR SPECIFICS REGARDING ALL OF THE WEEKEND FESTIVITIES, SCHEDULES, ETC. There is a TON of information in all of those Newsletters and web pages that I can’t reproduce here.
- WEEKEND PASSES AND SUNDAY BRUNCH TICKETS ARE SPECIAL WRISTBANDS THIS YEAR. They must be put on (snugly) in the Store. They will be checked at the door of all events. If your wristband is loose enough to slide over your hand—it will be removed and replaced with a snug one. (So, no—you can’t buy one pass and share it with 6 other people. This Weekend is a FUNDRAISER for Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital—don’t try to steal from the sick children!) If you pick up a pass for someone else, you will have to sign for it—if it gets lost, we are soooo sorry. Someone will have to buy a new one—at the higher rate. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE: From 4 PM Friday until Noon on Sunday no one may enter the Hilton without either a Weekend Pass or a Hilton room key.
NOTE: Only a few seats remain for the Sunday Bathrobe Brunch!
- LAST CHANCE TO BUY WEEKEND PASSES/BRUNCH TICKETS AT THE REDUCED PRICE! The online store will CLOSE tomorrow, Tuesday, 16 March, at 5 PM, Central. After that time, Passes/Tickets must be bought in the Store at the Hilton-Jackson at the HIGHER, rate. ANY merchandise ordered after 5 PM, Central, Tuesday, 3/16/2010—WILL NOT BE SHIPPED before Friday, 26 March. Don’t try ordering merchandise now and expect to receive it before you leave to come here—wait and buy stuff at the SPQ™ Store inside the Hilton.
- WHAT IF IT RAINS ON SATURDAY
- It has never rained on the SPQs™ in 28 years—why would it start now?
- If it should pick this year to rain, we don’t care. If it is raining, we will simply put on our Parade Outfits and prance around the Hilton in them and be as HAPPY AS PIGS IN THE SUNSHINE.
- CLASS OF 2010 GROUP PHOTO—Will NOT be taken in the Hilton parking lot before the Parade—IT WILL BE TAKEN AT THE PARADE LINE-UP AREA DOWNTOWN.
- WHAT TIME DO WE LEAVE FOR THE PARADE? It takes awhile to get all of us downtown; the traffic will be a nightmare. GET ON A BUS BEFORE NOON.
- IN OUR PARADE LINE UP, THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL CAR HONORING OUR DEARLY DEPARTED QUEEN MOTHERS. The flowers on the car are being beautifully arranged and donated by DRAKE’S DESIGNS, on Old Canton Road, here in Jackson. If you live in this area, you should use them for all your floral needs—NOBODY DOES IT BETTER!
- Parade Virgins: The Hilton sponsors the Door Decoration Contest—so be prepared to do all manner of stuff to your hotel room doors. The winner will be announced at the Sunday Bathrobe Brunch.
- CAN WE GIVE ONE MORE BIG KISS TO OUR SPONSORS? FireFly®Sweet Tea Vodka, Comcast, Q-105.1/Clear Channel, Pepsi, Michelob ULTRA/Southern Beverage and of course, the Hilton-Jackson (#1 in Hotels and in Our Hearts!)—a million, billion thanks to all these folks for HEPPIN’ US HEP THE CHIRREN!
- We just received word that the Hilton-Jackson, SPQ™ Headquarters for the Million Queen March™ Weekend Festivities has five (5) SMOKING ROOMS, ONE KING SIZE BED, available on Friday and Saturday nights (19-20 March 2010). The ONLY way you can secure one of these rooms is by calling Billie Burns personally. Do NOT call Hilton Reservations or even mention “reservations” to anyone at any Hilton, other than to Billie himself. Billie’s number is 601-957-2800, you’ll go though the front desk but ask to speak with “Billie Burns.” [SINCE THIS NEWSLETTER WENT OUT, ALL OF THESE ROOMS HAVE BEEN TAKEN.]