Posted September 24th, 2010 by The Evil Henchman
Hi there! Luis has been selected as 1 of 20 chefs from around the country as a finalist for ABC Nightline People’s Platelist. There are only 2 more days to vote for him as your favorite chef. Voting ends on Sept. 26, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The finalist receiving the most votes online will be the topic of a full Platelist segment, taped and produced by Nightline that will run on the national broadcast on ABC. Mississippi has had 2 big winners recently: Michael Grimm from Waveland, MS won America’s Got Talent, and Whitney Miller, a USM student from Poplarville, won MasterChef. Let’s make this a triple victory – y’all vote for Luis at this link!http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/peoples-platelist-finalist-luis-bruno-11399722
This post currently has no responses. Read/Add Comments.
Posted June 22nd, 2010 by Jill Conner Browne
How have you used the Promise to your advantage or for the good of others? (A BB Queen told me last night at the book club meeting that she and another Queen had visited a high school friend while he was in the hospital–allegedly in a coma. They stood at his bedside and told his unconscious self that if he would just wake up and get better that they would…well, you know. And danged if he didn’t wake up shortly thereafter–and he CALLED THEM UP and wanted to collect–HE HEARD THOSE MAGIC WORDS, EVEN WHILE COMATOSE! Behold, the Power of the Promise!
If you don’t have a good True Story of Using the Promise Effectively, then tell us how you MIGHT ATTEMPT to use it in the future.
The winning # will be drawn on Friday, July 2 and the winner will receive an SPQ T-SHIRT! Come play now–make me proud and make me laugh!
This post currently has 32 responses. Read/Add Comments.
Posted June 8th, 2010 by Jill Conner Browne
If you read all the comments on the last contest, you can see that one of my FAVES was posted by BODACIOUS BARBARA–who told us you MIGHT BE A QUEEN IF…you could use “bodacious” and “goober” in the same sentence. (go see her example on that contest–it’s hilarious)–so that brings us to THIS NEW CONTEST, inspired by Bodacious Barbara:
COMPOSE A SENTENCE USING THE WORDS “BODACIOUS” AND “GOOBER.”
The contest (and it’s just a random drawing based on the numbers of the posts–it’s not a literary competition!) expires on Friday, June18, at 5pm, CDT. If you have lots of ideas, post them separately–so you’re entered multiple times. The prize this time is a HANDPAINTED SPQ ORNAMENT.
I said in my newsletter that this contest would begin tomorrow–but the E-vil Henchman pointed out to me that I will be in surgery tomorrow (and not the fun plastic surgery kind either–see NEWS on the website) so I won’t be able to post it tomorrow. Duh. So go ahead and have at it. I expect your responses to cheer my recovery! Can’t wait to see your sentences!
This post currently has 91 responses. Read/Add Comments.
Posted May 28th, 2010 by Jill Conner Browne
you go shopping for work clothes but come home with nothing but sequins and feathers!
Now you complete that sentence! What are some tell-tale Signs of Queenliness? How can other people identify you as a Queen? How do you spot Kindred Queenly Spirits?
Post your responses on here. All responses will be given a number. At the end of next week–Friday, June 4–THE EVIL HENCHMAN will draw a number and the Queen whose post appeared with that number will WIN A PAIR OF SPQ SHADES AND A TIARA! Wearing those tells the world YOU ARE A TRUE QUEEN!
This post currently has 138 responses. Read/Add Comments.
Posted March 16th, 2010 by The Evil Henchman
NO PARADE PASSES/SUNDAY BRUNCH TICKETS WILL BE MAILED!
You pick them up at the SPQ™ STORE inside the Hilton-Jackson beginning Thursday at 10 AM.
[TO CLEAR UP SOME CONFUSION: IF YOU HAVE A WEEKEND PASS, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A TICKET TO THE BALL FRIDAY NIGHT--ADMISSION IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR WEEKEND PASS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WEEKEND PASS AND WANT TO ATTEND ONLY THE BALL, YOU CAN BUY A TICKET AT THE DOOR. THE BALL FRIDAY NIGHT IS THE ONLY SPQ™ EVENT OPEN TO NON-PASS HOLDERS.]
- PLEASE READ THE PARADE PAGE AND ALL OF THE “RECENT NEWS” ENTRIES ON THE NEWS PAGE FOR SPECIFICS REGARDING ALL OF THE WEEKEND FESTIVITIES, SCHEDULES, ETC. There is a TON of information in all of those Newsletters and web pages that I can’t reproduce here.
- WEEKEND PASSES AND SUNDAY BRUNCH TICKETS ARE SPECIAL WRISTBANDS THIS YEAR. They must be put on (snugly) in the Store. They will be checked at the door of all events. If your wristband is loose enough to slide over your hand—it will be removed and replaced with a snug one. (So, no—you can’t buy one pass and share it with 6 other people. This Weekend is a FUNDRAISER for Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital—don’t try to steal from the sick children!) If you pick up a pass for someone else, you will have to sign for it—if it gets lost, we are soooo sorry. Someone will have to buy a new one—at the higher rate. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE: From 4 PM Friday until Noon on Sunday no one may enter the Hilton without either a Weekend Pass or a Hilton room key.
NOTE: Only a few seats remain for the Sunday Bathrobe Brunch!
- LAST CHANCE TO BUY WEEKEND PASSES/BRUNCH TICKETS AT THE REDUCED PRICE! The online store will CLOSE tomorrow, Tuesday, 16 March, at 5 PM, Central. After that time, Passes/Tickets must be bought in the Store at the Hilton-Jackson at the HIGHER, rate. ANY merchandise ordered after 5 PM, Central, Tuesday, 3/16/2010—WILL NOT BE SHIPPED before Friday, 26 March. Don’t try ordering merchandise now and expect to receive it before you leave to come here—wait and buy stuff at the SPQ™ Store inside the Hilton.
- WHAT IF IT RAINS ON SATURDAY
- It has never rained on the SPQs™ in 28 years—why would it start now?
- If it should pick this year to rain, we don’t care. If it is raining, we will simply put on our Parade Outfits and prance around the Hilton in them and be as HAPPY AS PIGS IN THE SUNSHINE.
- CLASS OF 2010 GROUP PHOTO—Will NOT be taken in the Hilton parking lot before the Parade—IT WILL BE TAKEN AT THE PARADE LINE-UP AREA DOWNTOWN.
- WHAT TIME DO WE LEAVE FOR THE PARADE? It takes awhile to get all of us downtown; the traffic will be a nightmare. GET ON A BUS BEFORE NOON.
- IN OUR PARADE LINE UP, THERE WILL BE A SPECIAL CAR HONORING OUR DEARLY DEPARTED QUEEN MOTHERS. The flowers on the car are being beautifully arranged and donated by DRAKE’S DESIGNS, on Old Canton Road, here in Jackson. If you live in this area, you should use them for all your floral needs—NOBODY DOES IT BETTER!
- Parade Virgins: The Hilton sponsors the Door Decoration Contest—so be prepared to do all manner of stuff to your hotel room doors. The winner will be announced at the Sunday Bathrobe Brunch.
- We just received word that the Hilton-Jackson, SPQ™ Headquarters for the Million Queen March™ Weekend Festivities has five (5) SMOKING ROOMS, ONE KING SIZE BED, available on Friday and Saturday nights (19-20 March 2010). The ONLY way you can secure one of these rooms is by calling Billie Burns personally. Do NOT call Hilton Reservations or even mention “reservations” to anyone at any Hilton, other than to Billie himself. Billie’s number is 601-957-2800, you’ll go though the front desk but ask to speak with “Billie Burns.” [SINCE THIS NEWSLETTER WENT OUT, ALL OF THESE ROOMS HAVE BEEN TAKEN.]
This post currently has no responses. Read/Add Comments.
Posted March 9th, 2010 by The Evil Henchman
NINE (9) DAYS and counting til I see most of y’all! Better get your O-fficial Weekend Pass and Sunday Bathrobe Brunch Tickets while you can—they may NOT be available when you get here and if so, they ARE more expensive in Jackson!
Here’s the latest scoop:
Remember I said we had Something Special since we’re unable to have Jello Wrasslin’ this year? OOOOHH! Y’all are gonna LOOOVE THIS new product for all your Home Jello Wrasslin’ needs! It’s called Gelli Baff® and it is HILARIOUS! It’s just like the stuff we used last year at the Hilton (not actual edible Jell-O®)—your kids will go NUTS for it—IF you let them try it, that is. You just run a tub of WARM water (which we did NOT have at the Hilton pool!), sprinkle the “goo maker” stuff over the top, wait a couple minutes—and VOYOLA! GOO! TCBITW is in there soaking in it RIGHT NOW! He says it actually feels really good in the warm water—retains the heat and is quite soothing. Here’s his PHOTO on my Facebook Page.
Then, when you’re done with whatever you decide to do in there—you sprinkle the “goo dissolver” stuff in there—and it turns it back into water and it goes right down the drain—MAGIC!
A percentage of all GELLI BAFF® sales next weekend will, of course, go to THE CHIRREN.
Jan Michaels, Q105.1FM and Mississippi Blood Services will be at the Hilton on Thursday, 3/18. Not only do we want your MONEY for the CHIRREN—we ALSO WANT YOUR BLOOD! MBS is the supplier to Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital. Remember, our motto is always: ANY-THANG FOR THE CHIRREN™—and we ain’t kiddin’—so, give us a pint!
On Friday Night, at the FireFly® Sweet Tea Vodka SPQ™ Ball, there will be a SILENT AUCTION, during which you will have the opportunity to Bid On The Body Parts of TCBITW, including his HEAD (but excluding the parts that are obviously reserved as My Personal Property and I WILL BE THERE, don’t forget.) And again, NO THONG THIS YEAR! Winners of this auction will then have the unique experience of SHAVING the particular body part on which they successfully outbid the other Queens. (Necessary shaving articles will be handily provided to you.)
Then, Saturday Night, at the Michelob ULTRA SPQ™ Pearls & Pj’s™ Party, EVERYBODY can purchase SPQ™ and/or FireFly® Tattoos and apply those Alll Over His Body (except on the aforementioned Parts belonging exclusively to ME)—we would REEALLY like to see him turned into THE ILLUSTRATED MAN—so buy LOTS—IT’S FOR THE CHIRREN!
Also, on Saturday Night, our very own KILTBOY—known in Hollywood as “Randall Wallace,” writer of such films as Bravehart, Man in the Iron Mask, We Were Soldiers, Pearl Harbor, will be At Your Queenly Service. You can buy another round of those Tattoos and Kiltboy WILL INSTALL THEM ON YOUR OWN PERSONAL BODY PARTS (within the bounds of Commonly Accepted Decency). We are told (by him) that he holds a Black Belt in this particular sport and we have no cause to doubt that. Again—DO IT FOR THE CHIRREN!
BIG-A** CROWN & CRUISE RAFFLE!
Whoo hoo! McGehee Cruise & Vacation has generously given Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital a CRUISE to add to their Big A** Crown Raffle! The winner gets NOT ONLY the Big A** Crown BUT ALSO a 5-night crusie for 2 on the Carnival Elation, out of Mobile headed for Progreso and Cozumel—in DECEMBER—when we reeeeally need it!
Ok, here’s the fine print part of the Cruise deal:
The winner will receive a 5 night Cruise for two, sailing on the Carnival Elation from Mobile, AL Saturday December 4, 2010, returning to Mobile, AL Thursday December 9, 2010. The winner of this cruise will receive one interior stateroom for up to two people in the stateroom, including port charges, government cruise taxes and fees, and prepaid gratuities for dining and stateroom staff. Also, the cruise includes cruise transportation from Mobile, AL to Progreso and Cozumel, Mexico and cruise transportation back to Mobile, AL, and meals and entertainment on board the ship.
There are some expenses that must be paid by the winner – transportation to the ship in Mobile, a current US Passport, and any other personal expenses requested by the winner, and anything not specifically mentioned as being included.
They can change dates and pay any price difference. They can give it to an immediate family member who can go December 4, or change dates and pay the difference. It has no refund or cash value and can’t be sold or bartered.
We are soooo excited about this FOR THE CHIRREN and for the WINNER! To make it even better for the Queenly Winner, I will also donate a regular SPQ™ Crown—which, by itself and compared to most any other earthly crown, is pretty fabulous—however, alongside the custom-made LARRY VRBA BIG A** CROWN–it looks PATHETIC. So, the Winner will have the BIG GIANT SPARKLY CROWN to wear—and the Lucky Friend that she selects to accompany her on the cruise will have to wear the puny-by-comparison one the whole time—thus leaving NO DOUBT in anybody’s mind WHO THE BOSS QUEEN IN THAT DEAL IS!
A fabulous crown, a fabulous trip, AND the chance to drive your Best Friend wild with envy—PRICELESS. (I’m personally thinking it would be HI-LARIOUS if MARTHA JEAN won the thing and then FIFI would have to watch her prance around in that Big A** Crown for the rest of their lives. We could all enjoy that—in that really mean sorta way that we love!)
We hope to see lotsa leaves on the Dirty Rotten Bastid Tree and the Heinous B*tch Bush—buy the leaves (for the Chirren) and plaster the names of the Ones You Love to Hate all over the place. Whee!
Be sure to get your All-In-One Weekend Pole/B*itch Pass—giving you unlimited access to the STRIPPER POLE, all weekend—PLUS—free rein to gossip, bad-mouth and/or dog-cuss the whole time. (For non-Pass Holders, it’s a quarter a spin on the pole and AT LEAST that for every verbal assault on another person, whether it’s behind their backs or not. You gotta pay to play and if you don’t, you’ll be restricted to DIRTY LOOKS ONLY—which is bound to be bad for your blood pressure!) The CHIRREN NEED FOR YOU TO SPIN A WHOLE LOT—and VENT YOUR QUEENLY SPLEENS ON BY-STANDERS, INNOCENT OR OTHERWISE! Get your Passes or bring a BIG SACK OF QUARTERS! (FYI: This year the Weekend Pole/B*itch Pass is Veeeery Cute—original Steve Erickson art on both sides, laminated!) Cheaters will be ostracized.
Again, many LARGE THANKS to our sponsors: FireFly® Sweet Tea Vodka, Pepsi, Comcast, Michelob ULTRA and Q105.1FM/Clear Channel Radio for heppin’ us hep the Chirren.
This post currently has one response. Read/Add Comments.
Posted February 25th, 2010 by The Evil Henchman
You’ve seen the Schedule of Events for the Big Giant Million Queen March™ Weekend—and if you haven’t, it’s on the Parade Page of the website. All the details are there regarding dates, times, music, transportation, etc. Also, check out all the News postings.
Here is just SOME of what we plan to do to raise $$ for Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital. We set the bar pretty high last year! Keep in mind our motto is, as always,
“ANYTHANG FOR THE CHIRREN!”
Before I go any further, let’s pause a minute in humble gratitude to our beloved sponsors without whom your Weekend Passes would be at least $900 each: FireFly® Sweet Tea Vodka, Pepsi, Michelob ULTRA, Comcast, and Clear Channel Radio.
We are so excited about Renaissance Rockin’ The Queens, the Big Hat Luncheon™ at BRAVO! Italian Restaurant and as always, the Fat Mama’s Knock You Naked Margarita Party at the Everyday Gourmet. And many thanks to Cathy Nail for lining up Mississippi Singers/Songwriters to entertain us as we gather on Thirsty Thursday at the Hilton-Jackson.
The Hilton-Jackson is the best hotel ever
in the history of the entire world, living or dead and
we loooooove them so!
Parade Virgins: The Hilton sponsors the Door Decoration Contest—so be prepared to do all manner of stuff to your door—they encourage it.
We also loooove our BSCI Bus Drivers—who drink Pepsi—so YOU can drink Firefly® and Mich ULTRA without worry about driving!
If you have ONE drink, don’t even get near your car!
Ok, right off the bat, let me just tell you that we cannot have Jello Wrasslin’ this year. Since we are going last in the Parade, it will prolly be dark-thirty by the time we all get back from downtown and you just cannot Jello Wrassle in the dark. Never fear, Jello Wrasslin’ WILL be back—just not this year—but we think we’ve come up with some alternative activities that will prove to be equally ridiculous and entertaining.
All weekend long there will be a Finger Football® Tournament hosted by our dear friends from Zelosport®. This is going to be BIG FUN!!!
FRIDAY NIGHT at the Firefly® Sweet Tea Vodka SPQ™ Ball, we will AUCTION OFF the various body parts of my own personal husband, The Cutest Boy in the World—for shaving. His HEAD is included. Certain Other Parts are NOT and I think you know what those are. LEGS, ARMS, CHEST—all Fair Game. (He has no hair on his back—I made sure of that before I married him, of course—but if you want to “purchase” it, you’re welcome to rub shaving cream on it.) We will provide the “Winners” with shaving cream and razors and he will willingly submit to this because I assured him we could raise a LOT MORE $$ if we WAXED him instead—so he’s pretty tickled about being shaved. ATTN: ABC Board. There will NOT be a thong involved!
SATURDAY NIGHT during the Michelob ULTRA SPQ™ Pearls & PJ’s™ Party and the Pepsi Karaoke Kontest—we will have TCBITW corralled for tattooing. Yes, you may purchase an O-fficial SPQ™ Tattoo and apply it, your veryownself, to the freshly shorn body parts of The Cutest Boy in the World (Certain parts excluded as previously discussed. Attempts to circumvent this rule will be met by ME.) We want to cover him COMPLETELY in tattoos, of course, FOR THE CHIRREN. Think how their little faces will light up with delight when they see him, in Top to Toe Technicolor—won’t that be sweet?!
Also on SATURDAY NIGHT—another tattoo event! Parade Virgins may not be aware of this, but one of our Very Favorite Spud Studs is Randall Wallace—the brilliant writer of Braveheart, We Were Soldiers, Man in the Iron Mask and Pearl Harbor and who just finished directing a film for Disney about Secretariat, the Greatest Horse Who Ever Lived—but to us, he’s KILTBOY. He marches with us in the Parade every year, BRAVELY wearing his Clan Wallace kilt and he looooves all the Queens. The ONLY thing closer to the heart of Kiltboy than the Queens is, of course, THE CHIRREN and so this year, he has unselfishly volunteered his time and talent to manning the Tatts for Tots Booth. You may purchase an O-fficial SPQ™ Tattoo and the brave and goodheated Kiltboy will hisveryownself PUT THE TATTOO ON YOU. There is an O-fficial Location for placement of these tattoos; although, he expects requests for variations on that theme. Kiltboy is nothing if not amenable. His stated goal is to “personally tattoo every Queen in attendance, no matter how long it takes.” His devotion to the Chirren is very moving.
The Stripper Pole will be back (and no, we do NOT strip—only twirl!) Twenty-five-cents per turn or you can purchase the popular Weekend Pole Pass for unlimited twirling. (When Aunt Faye approaches the Pole, all are expected to yield the right of way.)
The B*tch Box will be back—and some of you still owe from last year—you know who you are! For Virgins, the way this works is: if you feel the need/desire to say anything bad to/about someone else, you must put a quarter into the B*tch Box—OR you can buy the Weekend B*tch Pass and just let fly, unfettered, the whole time. This is a bargain, for sure!
New This Year: A Bastid Tree! You can purchase a “leaf” and write upon it the NAME OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL BASTID—along with a brief synopsis of his Bastidly Behavior, if you so desire. We expect to have a VERY FULL TREE!
In the interest of at least appearing to care about attempting to be Fair to the Men in Attendance: There will also be a (much smaller) B*tch Bush—with (much smaller and far more expensive) “leaves,” because, of course, the instances of Female Misbehavior are much less frequent and certainly nowhere near as egregious as that of the Bastids. Am I right, or what? Of course.)
There will be a Big A** Crown Raffle. Protection will be provided to the winner if it happens to be anybody other than Robin Mitchell, who buys about $800 worth of tickets every year and never wins and she’s getting a mite testy about it.
Most of y’all are familiar with my Ugly Shoes—the pink/camo croc-like abominations that were abandoned on my front porch—they have been photographed in many parts of the country on many different feets. You will have a chance to HAVE YOUR PHOTO MADE IN THE UGLY SHOES—great Christmas card! And just keep telling yourself: IT’S FOR THE CHIRREN! IT’S FOR THE CHIRREN! I mean, if Kyle will allow himself to be shaved and tattooed—you can certainly put an Ugly Shoe on your foot for 10 seconds! And poor Kiltboy—if he can put countless tattoos on countless bosoms FOR THE CHIRREN—then YOU can suck it up and put on an UGLY SHOE for them. (Jeffrey Gross—of JEFFREY DOLLBEAR fame—will be assisting you with Posing.)
If you do not participate in all of these carefully thought out and well-orchestrated,
not to mention dignified, fundraising efforts for
Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital, well then,
what you are saying to the world is:
“I DON’T CARE ABOUT THE CHIRREN!”
Saturday morning, we want EVERYBODY to be QUEENED-UP for a Class of 2010 Photo. Here’s the plan: at 10:30 AM all Parade Veterans (more commonly know as Parade Sluts) should line both sides of the big hall that runs from the front to the back of the Hilton. All Parade Virgins gather in the Hilton lobby. When directed to do so, all Virgins PARADE DOWN THE CENTER OF THE HALL and out to the parking lot for the photo. This will give us the opportunity to properly Welcome All Our Precious Virgins Into The Queendom.
Please bring a photo of your group with you and on it write your Chapter Name and Hometown and State. We want to post these on the wall in the SPQ™ Store—Southern Bell will be manning the Wannabe™ Booth as always. Southern Belle is great at helping you meet up with Queens from all over as well as dispensing M&M’s.
Actually, I DO have a Pretty Entertaining Fall-Back Plan regarding Jello Wrasslin’—but I’m not gonna tell you what it is just yet!
Regarding Pearls & PJs™, I think I MAY have crossed Some Line with our outfits this year. Suffice it to say, you will see us coming from a LONG way off.…
Weekend Passes, Big Hat™ Reservations, and Sunday Bathrobe Brunch™ Tickets
They will cost more once you get here!
And one more time: NOTHING WILL BE MAILED OUT—YOU GET ‘EM WHEN YOU GET HERE!
IT’S NEARLY TIME!!!
I’ll be in CHATTANOOGA, TN, next Friday, 5 March. I’m speaking at a fundraiser for the T.C. Thompson Children’s Hospital. You’ll be helping the chirren AND you’ll have a chance to win one of my BIG-A** Larry Vrba crowns!
This post currently has 5 responses. Read/Add Comments.
Posted February 2nd, 2010 by The Evil Henchman
SPQTM WEEKEND PASS: Includes everything except as otherwise noted.
And, YES anybody can buy a Weekend Pass.
A fundraising/awareness building weekend for Blair E. Batson Children’s Hospital!
Must have Weekend Pass to ride SPQTM buses.
$69 in ADVANCE. (available now in the SPQ Store)
$80 if PURCHASED locally.
- Renaissance Rocks the Queens – Fabulous Welcome Party and All Manner of Queenly Shopping Specials in the fantastic shops of Renaissance at Colony Park. SPQTM Buses run between Hilton-Jackson and Renaissance 2 – 8 PM. *
- Comcast Come-on-In! – Queens gather all day and into the night in Fitzgerald’s at the Hilton for Music, Munchies, Laughing and Libations. Music by some of Mississippi’s Finest Singer/Songwriters. *
- Big Hat LuncheonTM at Bravo! in Highland Village. Ticket required. ** Make reservations at 601-982-8111. $20 in advance, $25 at-the-door. SPQTM Buses run between Hilton-Jackson & Bravo! 10:45 AM until 1:30 PM.
- Chillin’, Gossipin’ & Tellin’-of-Lies in Fitzgerald’s at the Hilton. Great grazing snacks from CHEF LUIS BRUNO and music by: THE DELTA MOUNTAIN BOYS, Noon – 4 PM and CHRIS GILL, 4 – 8 PM.
- The Everyday Gourmet Fat Mama’s Knock You Naked Margarita Party. SPQTM Buses: Hilton & EDG, 2 – 5 PM. *
- Firefly® Sweet Tea Vodka SPQTM Ball & Afterglow at the Hilton, featuring the BOUFFANTS from Memphis and the O-fficial SPQTM Songstress KACEY JONES from Nashville, late night snack-fest from CHEF LUIS BRUNO. 8 PM – until. * At-the-Door Tickets: $10. (NOTE: This is the ONLY event to which a single-event ticket is sold at the door.)
- Late Breakfast, compliments of the Hilton.
- “Queen Class of 2010″ Group Photo Shoot before we head downtown to the 28TH Annual Mal’s St. Paddy’s Parade. 11 AM. Outside, behind the Hilton. We want all Queens in Full Regalia for an AERIAL SHOT!
- Million Queen MarchTM, SPQTM Buses run between Hilton and Parade Line-up from NOON – 5 PM. *
- Chef Luis Bruno’s Big-A## Boo-Fay at the Hilton. * Huge amounts of huge food from the time we return from the Parade throughout the evening.
- Michelob ULTRA SPQTM Pearls & Pj’sTM Party at the Hilton, featuring THESE DAYS & JEWEL BASS, all of y’all in your Jammies and Joory, and our own KACEY JONES! * 7:30 PM – until?
- Pepsi Karaoke Kontest by KRAZY KARAOKE, at the Hilton. Lights, smoke, and all manner of special effects to “enhance” (disguise) your “singing!” 8 PM – until we can’t stand to listen any more. *
- Bathrobe BrunchTM at the Hilton. QueenChef Brenda serves up a Slap-Your-Grannie Brunch. Soul-soothing music by Lelon Thompson and Jamie Ward. HRH Jill speaks a bit. And yes, we really do wear our bathrobes. Ticket required. ** $29 with online advance reservation, $39 if purchased at Hilton. Limited Seating—book early.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE: From 4 PM Friday until Noon on Sunday no one may enter the Hilton without either a Weekend Pass or a Hilton room key.
At-the-door tickets will be sold to the Friday night Firefly® Sweet Tea Vodka SPQTM Ball & Afterglow ONLY. No other at-the-door admissions.
* INCLUDED IN WEEKEND PASS
** SPECIAL TICKET REQUIRED, NOT INCLUDED IN WEEKEND PASS
This post currently has 6 responses. Read/Add Comments.
Posted February 1st, 2010 by The Evil Henchman
Celebrate Reading with me! I’m one of ten best-selling authors appearing at the 10th Annual Celebration of Reading event on February 12, 2010 in Florida.
Learn more how you can join me as we celebrate the joy of books and learning to support families who are working hard to achieve a second chance at education and a better life.
I’ll be part of this year’s gala event featuring Bush family members and fellow authors including Derrick Barnes, James Bradley, Carol Higgins Clark, Mary Higgins Clark, Steve Doocy, Jeffrey Engel, Brad Meltzer, Jill Conner Browne, Sharon Robinson, Art Smith and R.L Stine.
Visit www.celebrationofreading.org to learn more and please share this with your book-lover friends!
This post currently has 4 responses. Read/Add Comments.
Posted January 15th, 2010 by The Evil Henchman
Mal’s St. Paddy’s Parade founder Malcolm White notified me yesterday that contrary to his statement of 6 January 2010, 9:17 am, posted on Facebook (“So I have decided to go with a Muppets theme.”), he has “…not made any announcements. This is incorrect information you are broadcasting.”
Okay, fine. As far as I know, here’s the latest with respect to the 2010 Parade “theme” issue as posted by Malcolm on Facebook yesterday, Thursday, 14 January 2010, at 5:16 pm: “This all has to be submitted to Disney (which has been done) for approval and that has not been granted. The SPQ “announcement” of my announcement is premature and unofficial.”
Since the Parade Theme appears to be up-in-the-air as of yesterday at 5:16 pm, if you’re planning outfits to coincide with the “official” theme, I suggest that you keep an eye on Malcolm’s pronouncements on the “Friends of The Mal’s St Paddy’s Day Parade Jackson Mississippi” Facebook page, which is a public forum–you don’t have to join it to read it.
This post currently has 16 responses. Read/Add Comments.